Socalweb Managed Dedicated VPS
What is a Dedicated VPS or Virtual Private Server?
Socalweb uses industry tested and proven technology called OpenVZ that partitions a physical server into multiple virtual servers that each have a protected and reserved amount of CPU, RAM and disk resources. Unlike Shared hosting, VPS instances do not compete against each other for these resources. Therefore, a spike in resource demand among other VPS instances, will not lead to a performance decline in your website or database.
VPS Hosting is the right solution for businesses or users who are experiencing rapid growth, heavy website traffic, or running complex applications.
Just like shared web hosting, in order to maximize profits most web hosting companies will setup as many VPS accounts as they can on one server, use bandwidth throttling and account limits that will drastically slow down your website and affect performance and reliability.
We practice the opposite here, we only setup a handful of customers on each server which always results in excellent performance and uptime.
We also meticulously manage and monitor the performance on our VPS hosting servers and resolve any issues before they have a chance to affect your website.
All of our customers that have migrated from the giant (you know who) hosting companies to us are blown away with the increase in performance and the level of support we provide.
Managed Dedicated VPS Features
- 100GB high performance RAID10 disk space.
- 4 Quad Core Xeon CPUs. (expandable up to 16)
- 8GB RAM. (expandable up to 64GB)
- 1TB Premium Tier1 Provider Bandwidth.
- Unlimited Domains.
- Unlimited MySQL DBs.
- Lightening fast server performance.
- 2 Static IP addresses.
- 24/7 Email and Phone Support.
- Daily security scans.
- Geo-redundant Nightly Backups.
- Hardened and performance tuned versions of CentOS5 or CentOS6.
- cPanel included, or a custom Apache with mod_php or Nginx with PHP-FPM server can be provisioned.